love affair

 

not fully awake 
the beans
the brew
the smell
its visceral reaction
felt through my whole body
head to toe

was a late bloomer
didn't meet you
until I adulted
my first time
the urban grind
street vendor
k street
washington, dc
it only took a half a shot 
and I was hooked
simply
you changed my life

I can't imagine
life without you
I feel better
just holding you
in my hand
the warmth
the scent
you just flow
so smoothly
you make everything better

as you are
with milk
almond, oat, coconut, any
honey
cinnamon
sugar
creamer
it doesn't matter 
just the dressing 
the cherry on top

experiencing you
restaurants
countries
different growing conditions
different beans
consistent similarities
warm
inviting
comforting
ready
my beautiful
cup of coffee







Comments

  1. I love coffee, too! Mine is a long time love affair ... I make a cold drip that I keep in the fridge. It's high octane ... and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one threw me at first. I do like a good cup of coffee. Used to drink it all the time. Maybe I’ll try it again. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel exactly the same way about coffee! My first cup of the day is so much more than the caffeine: it’s the ritual! Loved this piece. You captured the love well! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts