membrane



ever feel
like something's 
so close
almost there
can
almost
touch it

feels like
it could
happen
it really could
like it was
meant
to be

like you have
the power
to think
to manifest
to dream
will it
to happen

feels real
feels like
it's supposed to transpire
this is where life
is supposed to take you
fate, destiny
something else?

other times
it feels 
frustratingly
far away
at a distance
out of reach

there's
this barrier
this wall
can't
quite
get past it
making it
unattainable

sometimes
this wall
is thicker
sometimes
it's thin
yet 
it's always
there
teasing

I try to 
release it
I try to 
let it go
tell myself it
is ridiculous
is stupid
a waste of time

but it persists
stays with me
this feeling
this energy
the almost
the possible
in impossibility

some dreams
just won't come true
some dreams
are simply on the
other side of that barrier

even if the barrier is
transparent
malleable
it's still
a barrier

how do I
move through it
so that it is
behind me
with acceptance
of either outcome
so that I am finally
at peace
of what is to be










Comments

Popular Posts