nest



the nest is suddenly empty
not suddenly 
but still there exists
a void
an idleness

those feelings
though always present 
are buried with busy
until this moment 
more pronounced then

I think I mourn
a loss of what was
a loss of what never was
a loss of what was to be too
a loss of youth
a loss of identity

realization
aha
I have hidden me
over the years
without even knowing I have
leaves me a bit lost

an empty nest
definitively changed
my identity
or rather
redefined it
out of necessity

an opportunity exists too
a need
really
to rediscover
reinvent
maybe just to find me
again

you see
every day 
changed
everyday 
changed too
needs shift 
desires too if I allow them

with all change
adjust
pivot
accept
grow
we refill the nest

the nest 
itself
changes
morphs
always leaving room 
for what was there before

it's a work in progress
I am a work in progress
I hope
I always am

with age and time
comes wisdom
but it doesn't mean you stop
it doesn't mean I stop
it can't mean that
me?
I am just getting started


-photo by Terry Clark



Comments

Popular Posts