night

 


it used to be
a mystery
still is in some ways
a forbidden fruit
an adventure for others
not me

it was the time to reset
to rest and reboot
it was for others to experience 
it was when all
the good stuff happened

and now?
how do I feel now?
sometimes it is outside
my comfort zone
but the best things come
from discomfort sometimes

night always comes
it never fails to arrive
it's a constant 
like a welcome visitor
without expectation

if I listen inside
really listen
this 
it has become a part of me
it has become me

at first I resisted
didn't want to embrace 
what was right in front of me
because of what happens

I realize the consequences
were worse though
because I was fighting
closed to the possibility

all the
should do
should be
should this
should that
expectations

the practical
outweighed
what felt right
feeling more alive
open to possibility
instead

it's like the ocean
another world 
mysterious
dangerous
beautiful
vast
undiscovered
mesmerizing

most stay on the fringe
playing in the shallows
few venture deep
explore
treasures hidden
beneath the surface

many remain curious
the danger drawing them in
before they escape to safer bliss
to observe from the sidelines
or close their eyes 
able to hide from what they may find

me, I'm
opening my eyes
instead of closing them
opening my mind
to what is out there
in there too
to what the night holds


-photo by Gayle Oshrin


Comments

Popular Posts