masters swell

 


walking onto what feels like
hallowed ground
the mystique
the history
the familiarity
in vision not reality
experiencing
what I have only seen
on a screen
or in my minds eye
for decades

the beauty
of curated land
open sky
open horizon

shades of green 
the texture of the landscape
the challenges
the depth
juxtaposed
with the simplicity
of manual scoreboards
$1.50 egg sandwiches
a crows nest beer
back to what matters
back to what is important

curves of live oaks
standing generations
seen much loss
witnessed greatness

the mud
the rain
the chill in the air
mere details 
a backdrop really
providing more challenge
the need to adapt
to the obstacles
facing that day
laser focus
shot
after
shot
truly living 
the moment
a gift for all
bearing witness









Comments

  1. Love how all your senses are involved in your observations, Amy! - Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this! I felt like I was there!❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts