a walk one day

 

seeking clarity in beauty
noises of everyday in the distance
fade with every step
intoxicating honeysuckle lined paths gently guiding along the way
birds sharing their stories through songs of the day
bullfrogs rubber banding their response
sun’s warm presence on my face
helping me close my eyes and take in the moment
water flowing in the distance overshadowing my mind's chatter
dragonflies exploring in all their wonder
the trot of my Chappy on the wooden boardwalk 
provides percussion for the day
the moss giving indication of where we are today
anhingas enjoying their private oasis behind a fence where additional surprises are to be found by those willing to see
the continuous spider web along the aging fence screaming interconnection between all things
the shade of the trees bringing breezes to the warmth of the day
the cushion of shedding bark lightening our steps
the bridge that is a beacon bringing us closer to reality
silos signaling the end of our experience, or 
maybe it's just the beginning.
a new perspective
a little more space
a little more open
a little more clarity
ready to continue my day









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts