mirror

 


turning
my head
my body
to the mirror

I stare
at the face
this face
looking
back at me

surprised
at what
I see
my face has aged
definitively aged

experience has caught up
revealing its history
its struggles
its wisdom
its joy

in my mind's eye
I see myself
twenty years younger
ten even

wondering where
where
has the time gone
where do I fit in now

when I realize
my age
in years
instead of how I feel

when I realize
how much time
has passed
versus what is left

when I realize
that those spontaneous times
don't occur
as often

when I realize  
some dreams were caught
and caught
in spades

when I realize 
other dreams got away
they were buried
pushed down

where did they go
where did I go
who am I
who am I now

what's next for me
who am I 
seeing in the mirror
at this moment





  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts